Good resolutions are useless attempts to interfere with scientific laws. Their origin is pure vanity. Their result is absolutely nil.Â â€” Lord Henry inÂ The Picture of Dorian GrayÂ by Oscar Wilde
- Read 52 books. Yeah, I know. In 2011, 2012, and 2013, I read more than this. I like the number because it is a book a week. And ends up being about 20,000 pages each year.
- Think another stipulation is at least 30 need to be physical books I already own. Not to knock the Kindle, but I have been on a buying spree of public domain (aka free) books because of it. I have at least ten maybe fifteen linear feet of unread books, so I need to make a significant dent in that.
- Ride 10 miles a week April to October. I do not even own a bike at this point, so this means figuring out some things. I’m figuring buy a bike by March and averaging 10 miles a week for half a year is a reasonable start.
- Declutter. Maybe take this a month at a time. Bedroom1, bedroom closet 1, living room, bedroom2, bedroom closet 2, dining room, kitchen, laptop, 1TB external drive, 1.5TB ext drive.
- Take a trip 300 miles away from home.Â Work conference does not count. It might be to visit family, but the distance ensures my home town does not count.
As usual, I am going to shy away from things like dieting, cooking, or joining a gym which I know are so counter to my habits they are pointless. Gives me an idea for tomorrow’s post.