Our Systems folks upgraded the code running Stats web site they let us use. This morning, was the first time I looked at it since the upgrade.
Naturally, it was not working for me. Figuring it was my Mozilla Firefox’s fault, I tried the same web page in Flock. (Firefox with some other apps but none of Add-Ons, formerly the Extensions really plug-ins, I use in Firefox.) Flock showed it fine, so I “knew” one of three Add-Ons Extensions had to be the culprit: Greasemonkey, NoScript, or FasterFox. I disabled all three and found the site worked as it should. So I enabled each in turn. The site still works.
Enabling one of the three should have rebroken the web site. That this failed to happen could mean:
- Add-Ons Extensions did not break it. Something out of my control did.
- Add-Ons Extensions did not break it. Something I don’t remember changing did.
- Disabling and enabling Add-Ons Extensions changes their configuration and their impact on pages.