The better metric for tracking how much I have read, in my opinion, is the number of pages. The number of books is okay, but the reality is reading a 50-page novella is not nearly the same commitment as a 1,500-page tome. (I might prefer a statistic for words when looking at my daughter’s reading counts.)
Unfortunately, Goodreads used to include the stats page in the challenges, but they removed the link to it. It is still there. (For now.) You can build the link to it by:
- Go to your profile. In the top right corner is your user photo in a circle. Click it.
- Click the Profile link.
- Replace the URL up through show/ with “https://www.goodreads.com/review/stats/”.
- Add “#pages” to the end.
- You should have a URL that looks like: https://www.goodreads.com/review/stats/999-name#pages
The page has buttons for books, pages, and publication year.
- Books: The number of books read broken down by year.
- Pages: The number of pages read broken down by year.
- Publication Year: A graph with year published in the vertical axis and year read in the horizontal axis.