Saw a story that got me wondering what the reaction would be under the current president if the test had come back positive.
- Thoughts and prayers? That seems to be the go-to for so many things like massacres at home and abroad.
- Deny travelers to Ebola prone countries the ability to fly to the US until they have self-quarantines elsewhere for the contagious period, thereby spreading it around the world?
The Obama administration’s Ebola responseÂ was to send 3,000 health officials to the region who:
- Constructed treatment units in the region.
- Provided protective equipment and medical supplies.
- Operated almost 200 burial teams.
- Conducted aggressive contact tracing to locate other potentially infected cases.
- Trained health care workers and conducted community outreach.
- Identified travelers who may have Ebola before they left the region.
I suspect health officials would lobby for the same response with the rationale, the faster we end the outbreak there, the fewer infected individuals overall and less like they end up in the US: America First! But, this is the region the current president referred to as “shithole countries.” My guess is this is just the excuse needed to bar travel to or from there.