The government has no interest in records relating to the 1.3 million IP addresses that are mentioned in DreamHost’s numerous press releases and opposition brief.
Basically, the Department of Justice served DreamhostÂ this warrantÂ asking for
- the code backing the web site,
- the HTTP request and error logs,
- logs about backend connections to upload files to the server
- email account metadata and contents
- account information for the site owner
Dreamhost resisted the warrant as overly broad. The DOJ is backing off the HTTP logs and unpublished draft posts.
Leave a Reply