Yesterday was the 100th day of the year, so I figured I would figure out my progress with those pesky resolutions.
- Complete unfinished novel series. I finished the Harry Potter series. I am simultaneously working on the Sword of Truth and Ender series. The Shadow Rising was such an awful book I gave up on the whole series. Maybe I will replace it with Foundation? At 4 of 14 done and two in progress, I am at better than 34.2% done. I should be at 27.4%. Ahead of the game is where I like to be.
- Complete the first 25 of the BBC The Big Read Top 100 (from 2003). So far I have only finished both Pride & Prejudice and Great Expectations. Jane Eyre slowed me down as a horribly difficult book to care reading. Catch-22 is going pretty well. I figure I am about 18.2% done, so I really need to pick up the pace.
- No more complaining about Blackboard, Inc. Miserable failure so far. Of course, it has been a tough hundred days. Of course there were tough deadlines given with difficult challenges, which I overcame with tremendous local expertise.
- Attend more social events when invited. I have. I only skipped one because I did not feel like being social. Probably a new record for me?
- Go away more. Last month I took a random driving trip and ended up in South Carolina (where I snagged the Lowndesville photo). I guess because I took no trips like that last year, that makes me already successful. A few more should really make this successful.