Rants, Raves, and Rhetoric v4

SGA meeting moved to Sept. 20

Here is an article on a WebCT upgrade for which I was interviewed for the Spectator, the university student news paper.

Even SGA couldn’t bear the ire of Hurricane Frances.

SGA elections, set for Sept. 7, were extended until Thursday, Sept. 9 because the weather interfered with online voting, according to SGA president, Jason Lewis.

Lewis said Ezra Freelove, computer support specialist for Information Technology, informed him that Banner had been down part of the day on Tuesday. Since students could not vote for the entire day on Tuesday, Lewis said he decided to extend the election to Thursday so that everyone would have a chance to vote.

The senate had planned to have its first meeting on Monday, Sept. 13, but, because of the postponement of the election results, the meeting was moved to Monday, Sept. 20.

SGA’s first meeting of the fall semester will be Monday, Sept. 20 at 8 p.m. in the Library Conference room, next to the Internet Café.

The 10 candidates who received the most votes are to serve the 2004-‘05 SGA term. The only class with 10 senators is the sophomore class. The senior class won nine seats on the senate, while the junior class took seven and the freshmen hold six.

There are four open seats for the 2004-‘05 SGA term.

According to Lewis, election results were posted Thursday. Election results for the 2004-‘05 SGA term are as follows:

Freshmen senators: Amber Tinson, Casey Pearson, Christie Southwell, Cosby Johnson, Keri Guined and Octavia Meyers;

Sophomore senators: CJ Mock, Courtney Ruttinger, Hilary Martin, Jeremy Baker, Jimmy Fields, Jonathan Fowler, W. Marcus Hughs, Sal Ahmad, Lisa Baxter, Kat Johnson;

Junior senators: Brian Nelson, Charley Wallace, Daniel Dorsey, David Dickey, Diana Hansard, Jason Adams, Leah Masse;

Senior senators: Richard Lasseter, Stacy Braswell, Travis Simmons, Brian Hodges, Derrick Connell, Eric Dichiara, Larry Spruill, Latray Walker, Stefan Rucki.

Posted

in

by

Tags:

Comments