- My web /search history goes back to Nov 20, 3007.
- Wikipedia is a common click.
- I suck at spelling.
- I search about myself.
- Pretty sure this history is missing quite a bit.
- Expanded search has no entries; Limited has too much to review everything.
- If at first I do not find something, new variants pop up over several days.
- About a tenth of my listed searches were in support of an active conversation.
- Surprised my phone searches were not included in this history.
Responses to my Facebook post about this earlier today were a couple friends who found it already turned off. I found a number of 2007 and 2009 articles advocating turning it off. Even Google’s help on Basics: Web History says:
I’m thinking more and more I need separate Google accounts for work and personal lives.
If Google is going to publicize what I search for to my friends, then it would be nice for me to have filters. Maybe I want any clicks I make to urbandictionary.com to be private? My vulgar vocabulary is weak, so it is a good source for understanding what a few friends mean. But I would be mortified for Google to tell my Mom to go there because I did.