So, out of the many books I read this prior year, here are the ones I gave five stars.
- To Explain the World: The Discovery of Modern Science by Weinberg, Steven
- Thinking: The New Science of Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, and Prediction in Life and Markets by Brockman, John
- The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution by Isaacson, Walter
- Genome: the Autobiography of a Species in 23 Chapters by Ridley, Matt
- White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son by Wise, Tim
- Roots: The Saga of an American Family by Haley, Alex
- Originals: How Nonconformists Move the World by Grant, Adam M.
- Eaters of the Dead by Crichton, Michael
I hope to make this a regular feature of the blog.
Last year was a banner year with 14. It looks like 2013 was about equal with 8.