Marc Pare, Oracle
- Why work on weekends or late at night? (For us because of director policy because accidents during the day changes untenable with clients. But this is targeted to Banner to not GeorgiaVIEW.)
- Weblogic High Available Topology (Maximum Available Architecture)
- Client > Apache Server or OHS > WLS Cluster (> Admin Server) > RAC Cluster (> Oracle DB)
- Why is this not being used?
- Impressed someone from Oracle is so in touch with problems of Banner on Oracle and solutions.
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor middle tier. Uses mBeans and exposes most items except for some provisioning.
- Cloning. Template builder. Add new nodes or setup test instances.
- Rolling upgrades: Bring down first, patch, bring back up; find second, bring down, patch, bring back up. If it encounters a problem, then it rolls back the patch and brings it back up.
- When experimenting, bring back up with end user access blocked, test and verify. Only when happy, enable end user access. We should consider giving campus administrators access to our direct nodes for testing so they can verify before release. Or even better really knock out the automated testing.