I copied the lines of a script a coworker noted in our wiki into Notepad++. The needed changes were made for the school I want to run this against. The content was pasted into Notepad (not ++) on the server (through RDC). One of the “needed changes” was adjusting the line formatting so the commands for each server are separated by a two lines not one. I used \n to add new lines.
The new lines appeared fine in Notepad++ but not Notepad.
I tried playing with the EOL conversion (Windows to Unix) but that removed all the lines.
Then it dawned on me. The \n is what one uses for Unix. I needed to use \n\r for Windows.
Obviously I have been out of Windows too long.