Do we consume too much information? I might. Lately I have thought about reducing the amount of following I do. Typically I hit this point when I realize it takes me all weekend to catch up. To be fair I reach this point by getting all caught up over a long weekend and seeking out new stuff.
- 40% the blog or news feeds (over 100),
- 40% Facebook friends (remove over 250),
- 40% Tumblr following, (remove 45),
- 40% Twitter following (remove 100),
Then there are the potential stoppages:
- Stop following tags on WordPress.com, Tumblr, Blogspot, Flickr.
- Stop using some social media sites entirely like Google+ or Diaspora.
Given my social preferences, I have lots of time to spend online.