Gary Gygax passed away last night. I haven’t played in years. 🙁
When naming files, I would make a file with today’s time stamp 20080304. My brain was confused for a second when it saw 13012008. There are not thirteen months! Oh….
I have to use
ls -latr to get the list in chronological order instead of just
Month-day-year I can understand (old habits die hard). Any know a reason for day-month-year?
- 08:31 Checking on what was wrong in Blackboard Vista when 3 nodes paged yesterday. Early mid-term (aka gradebook) stuff? #
- 09:50 Didn't find anything definititive in the logs about the Blackboard Vista errors. Crafting a SQL query for tracked actions on nodes involved. #
- 11:26 Hammer : Nail :: Twitter : __ ? #
- 12:44 @lgerard Big… Big Bada Baby GG #
- 14:52 @galindafied Didn't you learn your less the first time? #
- 20:32 More nodes failing login checks www.ezrasf.com/wplog/archives/497 found an error. Blackboard Vista forgot the selective release id??? #
- 20:59 … What would you say if you had months to live? is.gd/1Cs #
- 21:57 5th page in two days… Hopefully the Blackboard Vista students will go to bed same time I do… Problem with 24/7/365 is getting sleep… #
- 21:58 @tehomot You don't look African-American, so you ought not to be a suspect. 😀 #
- 23:13 More "Ezra has the coolest last name" comments. Its true! #
- 23:46 @galindafied Freelove … Prove your chops by figuring out my middle name. 🙂 #
Automatically shipped by LoudTwitter
More on concerns with editAssignmentSubmission.dowebct on Blackboard Vista nodes.
Found an error in the exceptions logs tied to one of the transactions:
Error occurred maintaining selective release status-Learning Object Id
It gets better…. The assignment in question? Not using selective release. Yeah. There is an error for an assessment. Hopefully it is just the assignments logic which causes hell on the nodes (database server seems unaffected). Well, the students are also affected as this seems to be the last thing they do in the session.
That selective release displays errors in the logic is quite awesome. I didn’t know the UI did this. However, to see it, I had to expand the right organizer page. Better usability would be to highlight all the errors to the designer. Heck, if there are errors, then it ought to be disabled. If the logic is known not to work, then why allow it to be active? You know… It might spin out of control. *headdesk*