So, I need to install software on a couple servers which don’t exist. They are virtual: VMWare ESX. I can see and login to the web site. However, its frustrating to consistently get a working console. I get a partial page with “Error on page.” Going to the error reveals:
Browser#ResponseReceived(): invalid content type text/html (status 200) while processing vmNavigatorXml.do
What I have tried so far.
- Firefox 2.x is unsupported. I tried it; it didn’t work.
- So I tried IE6. That worked fine. Over a week later it doesn’t. Oh…kay…
- Figured iehttpheaders could have been the culprit. It was the last thing changed, so I removed it. Didn’t help.
- I tried Firefox 2.x again. No good.
- I tried Netscape 7.2. No good.
- Called workstation support, works for him, I removed IE6 and added it back. It worked! For a day.
- So I removed IE6 again and put it back. It didn’t help.
- Checked McAfee Buffer Overflow Protection. Still disabled.
- So I installed IE7. Still doesn’t completely load the page.
- So, I tried PortableApps Firefox 1.0.8 (which is on the supported list). No dice.
- I noticed I have multiple version of Java, I removed all but the next to latest, Java 1.6.0. No good.
- I removed all the versions of Java. No help.
- Figured out there is a VMWare plugin.
- Disabled the plugin in IE7. Nothing.
- Found where the plugin is installed. Uninstalled it. Now when I visit, I don’t get a request to install it.
- So I don’t have the plugin. Nor can I install it.
For you Apple Switchers who read this. Macs are not on the supported list. Though, Linux is!
I’ve wasted most of two afternoons on this.