UPDATE: Position filled.
Valdosta State Information Technology is hiring 2 Web Design student assistants.
Web Design student assistants are responsible for creating and maintaining several department web sites, surveys, and other projects. Individuals will be responsible for interacting with representatives to build web pages and perform basic graphic design to complete websites from existing web template designs. Additionally, individuals work with any students, staff, and faculty who require assistance in developing class or work related sites.
- Ability to learn. Candidate must show they can adapt to the rapidly changing technology landscape.
- Some experience with one or more web design or image applications:
- Photo Editing: Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Paint Shop Pro
- Web Design: FrontPage, Netscape Composer, Dreamweaver
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and support staff.
- Ability to clearly document all projects.
- Desire to learn web scripting languages: Perl, ASP, PHP
Students majoring in computer science, art, public relations, or marketing preferred. Self-taught designers welcome.
Send resume and examples of previous work to me.