- Google Chrome Secure Shell
- Secure Shell is an xterm-compatible terminal emulator and stand-alone ssh client for Chrome. It uses Native-Client to connect directly to ssh servers without the need for external proxies.
- Want a promotion? Make friends at work.
- “Recent research finds that people who initiate office friendships, pick up slack for their co-workers, and organize workplace social activities are 40% more likely to get a promotion in the subsequent two years.”
- ‘Pay What You Want’ Works by Making People Feel Good
- “In a second trial, researchers found that attendees at an amusement park paid five times more for a photo of themselves on a ride (such as the one above) under PWYW pricing if told that half the proceeds would go to charity. And in the third experiment, guests at a restaurant with PWYW pricing either paid someone directly for their meal or paid anonymously by slipping money into a box near the door on their way out. Customers paid about 13 percent more when they were anonymous than when they paid someone directly.”
- Tuesday’s post was about people feeling better when they help others.
You are currently browsing the daily archive for May 4, 2012.
Tags: posted 2012